Famous Nasi Kandar Beratur – Restoran Liyaqat Ali @ Masjid Kapitan Keling, Penang | I Come, I See, I Hunt and I Chiak
I Come, I See, I Hunt and I Chiak

Featured, Food, GeorgeTown, Halal, Local Food, Location, Penang

November 15, 2010 by · 15 Comments  | [19,175 views]

I have been hearing this place Nasi Kandar Beratur for very long time, that every time that I passby that area I will tell myself must go eat but always ended up in Nasi Kandar Line Clear which is my all time favourite.

On that night that I arrive back in Penang, we directly head to this place as I was inform that they have the most authentic curry that use all spices available to cook on it. The difference compare to the rest of the Nasi Kandar is the spices aroma in the curry, not really spicy but aromatic.

beratur (1)

With the name itself Beratur (Lining Up) you sure do have to wait for your turn to arrive, as on that night we were lucky that the line took us mere 5 minutes, sometimes you have to wait as long as 30 minutes to an hour.

beratur (2)

beratur (3)

Of course they sure do have some of their dishes would be their signature order,

beratur (4)

beratur (5)

Not many places now that still use coconut shell to take the rice.

beratur (6)

After putting the white rice on the plate its your turn to hunt down your favourite dish that is available on the couter.

beratur (7)

beratur (8)

Of course I love my plate of Nasi Kandar to be very Banjir (flood with gravy) especially a mixture of all the available gravy on the counter. This plate order is with Beef slices, Ladies finger and Telur Bawang. The best of all is the beef which is very soft and the gravy that soak along in it is kick ahh!

beratur (9)

My plate is beef slice, telur bawang and ayam madu. Total damage for both plate is less than RM12 and if it is in KL definately more than that.

Its still worth a try as its famous for its authentic spices used in to cook the curry, but I still prefer Line Clear. After this hunt, I have heard another upcoming best nasi Kandar some where in Jelutong. Will be my next destination!

Plz Note: Different people always got different pricing in this stall, especially tourist might get rip off, so always ask for pricing before you take any!!

-= Ka Ching =-

Food Rating 7.5/10, good ah~-Stamped-

–Warning– This is based on my individual taste. Try it at your own risk-

Location: Nasi Kandar Beratur 98 Jalan Masjid Kapitan Keling, 10200 Penang, Malaysia. (next to Kapitan Keling Mosque)

Opening Hours: 10.00pm-9.00am

GPS: 5.416815, 100.337582

View Larger Map

Comments

15 Responses to “Famous Nasi Kandar Beratur – Restoran Liyaqat Ali @ Masjid Kapitan Keling, Penang”
  1. mimid3vils says:

I don’t like nasi banjir :P

Taufulou Reply:

hehe..you should try eh~

2. Caroline says:

whoaa really banjir eh? but me dnt really like my rice to be so flooded. lol! but it does looks yum! ;)

Taufulou Reply:

heee.. i lurve mind banjir.. like porridge

3. email2me says:

My all time favorite nasi kandar stall in Penang …. eventhough need to stay up late, it is still worth it!

4. iamthewitch says:

Heard about this before.. really need to beratur one! hehe.. Yea I love nasi banjir too.. lots of gravy and all wet! LOL!

5. ck lam says:

The place is usually packed with people, all waiting for their plate of nasi kandar. It looks yummy, must make a point to join in the queue :)

6. cheah says:

No good service! Price very high! Be careful everyone! A simple nasi + telur goreng + small piece of fish + 2 pieces 1/4 taukua + parpedem RM 15 !!! Not honest, disappointed! Our total bill RM 150 for 10 packets!!! Very sad lunch! Thank GOD didn’t order curry fish head…………..

1 tourist sat next to our table, she ordered 1 curry prawn + nasi RM 19 !!! She’s got SHOCKED! Pity her….

We sure tell friends NOT support this stall, shameful PENANG!!

Taufulou Reply:

agree… with you..

did you ask for pricing before you take any of the items? its best before you ask then only you take..as some mamak stall is famous for ripping off customers, and there are quite a number of blogs mention about this place..

hhafiz Reply:

But they open at night?? lunch?

Taufulou Reply:

yeah..24 hours mostly if not also 22 hours

7. cheah says:

thank you Taufulou!

…………Lunch time not many customers , so they can do that…..”Nasi Beratur” gone case!

They have to always firm on their foods pricing, not honest & not friendly also, foods cold & price too high!

8. Khairil Azman Nazli Rashid says:

Overrated. Seriously overrated. Its the first Nasi Kandar EVER that i didnt finish. Bland taste.. (And to think i ask for KUAH CAMPOQ). Penangites (or rather THOSE who live on the island and seldom go out from it) swore its the best one they ever had.. my verdict, go see a doctor about that tongue of yours. (or go out more often.. remember.. Seberang Perai IS part of Pulau Pinang too).

I’ve been here twice. Once at 8pm.. and another at 1am. (second time for the benefit of the doubt). Both time, i didnt get to finish the plate. I guess those who thought this place tastes good must be those who just came back from clubbing and who’re so drunk they’d say rubber slippers with black pepper sauce is a tasty juicy steak.

I wouldnt recommend this place to anyone. Hell.. i would even WARN them to stay away from this place. (in line with LINE CLEAR NASI KANDAR.. another overrated place).

Taufulou Reply:

hmmm….since you said everything is bad..

then can you recommend where got nice nasi kandar food?

then we can go hunt for it. .

Well, its good that you commented as food is always very subjective..

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying about this post...
  1. [...] [Jelutong Market Traffic Light] Mee Goreng Sotong [Esplanade Food Court] Mua Chee [Gurney Drive] Nasi Kandar Beratur [Masjid Kapitan Keling 10.30pm onwards] Nasi Kandar Line Clear [Upper Penang Road] Nasi Kandar Sulaiman [Jalan Dato Keramat] Nasi Kandar [...]