This is one of a place that had been making waves over online platform. With their price tag and long queue that had made them the famous pork ribs located in OUG. Down to Bones is a POP up store which is operated by a young group of people as part time that operates over weekend only.
I was told to come here as early as 6pm to get your queuing number. What do you need to do when you arrive:
- Hunt for a table and let them know where you are seated.
- You can seat any where in between all the tables located at the road side or in both ends of coffee shop.
- Wait patiently as it will take at least 45 minutes – 75 minutes for your food to arrive
- 6pm-7pm is only for ordering period where food will only be serve after 7pm.
- They will not serve you your food if you do not have a seated table with a proper number
- Do order all your orders at one go. If you decided to add on order 15 minutes later, means your latest order will be in a new queue instead of your previous order queue.
Decently price menu for a POP up Store.
We thought that Mash & Dog is something different for sides, and when it is served, it is actually a side dish which is similiar to all your main course. The only difference is they add on 3 sausage. @ RM 5 – You can skip this unless your kids love it.
Porky Soup is pretty unique, where it does live up the expectation of Porky the name where soup have very strong taste and smell of unwash pork meat. My friend could not stand the smell of it and only had a sip and shifted the whole bowl infront of me. Funny thing is, it had a very mild herb after taste (which I might be wrong). Pork cubes in it sure taste different. It is your choice for a bowl of RM 7. Would not be part of my recommendations.
Lamb Chop at RM 16. I would only say I had better ones before at lower price.
Their Pork Ribs @ RM 18 is indeed the main highlight where the name down to bones meant. However there is a little inconsistency in size of serving.
Their main highlight is this pork ribs wins in marination. Fragrant, with a mild punch sour bitterness and sticky. However the marination did not sip through the meat. It is slightly dry inside. For RM 18, there is no complain on it.
Will I go back, again. 95% no unless being force to accompany friends. For a wait of 1 hour for my food to be serve, I think a nice bbq at home would make it up.
However there are some good feed backs that was given from the diners to the owners. So it is up to your personal taste bud.
-= Ka Ching =-
Food Rating 6.5/10, decent street ribs~ -Stamped-
–Warning– This is based on my individual taste. Try it at your own risk-
Down to Bones
27, Jalan Hujan Rahmat,
Taman Overseas Union, Kuala Lumpur.
Saturdays and Sundays:
7pm till sold out