Bake Cheese Tart is one the famous trend at the moment that it was kick off in Bangkok early this year before the crazy hype landed in Malaysia over a month ago. BAKE is a well know brand from Japanse tart from Hokkaido. It is freshly baked cheese tarts have their origins in Kinotoya, a long-established Western confectionery store in Sapporo, Hokkaido. Our tarts started out as delectable chilled blueberry cheese tarts. (source from Bake)
Went to check em out at Emquatier at Ground Floor
What is unique about their tart is they have 3 different types of cream cheese, i.e. Hakodate (mild flavoured), Betsukai (full-bodied) and French (saltish). With their hard shell base at the bottom that explains it where it is made from cookies.
Per piece is 80 bhat & 6 pieces for 480 bhat. Certainly not cheap as we decided to get a box where so many of us.
Their cookie base pastry is nice, where it crack nicely, smooth cream with a little crack cheese taste from the top and a hint of salty end. The cream did not taste too heavy where it is just nice to my liking.
There are 4 ways to enjoy the cheese tart, and I have only tried the room temperature version. I find the cheese mouse too soft for my liking. Can’t wait to try the rest, especially the Cold and Iced version:
- Room temperature
- Cold : You can enjoy smoother texture when you put into refrigerator
- Iced : You can enjoy the silky texture of cheese tart like an “Ice cream” after put in freezer
- Oven hot : You can enjoy “freshly bake cheese tart” when you reheat it by using a toaster oven
My verdict to compare with our Malaysian 2 cheese brand (click here)this stand in the middle where their taste is not too strong, with in order as below:
- Toyko Secret – strong and pungent in cheese taste
- BAKE – all the taste is just right, mild, fragrant and just perfect
- Hokkaido bake cheese Tart – (I believe is a copy cat of BAKE or I might be Wrong) – well they have their own fans and I am not one of them.
Bake at Emquatier
GF, The waterfall Quartier,
The EmQuartier, Khlong Tan Nuea, Watthana,
Bangkok 10110, Thailand
BTS: Exit 1 of Prom Phong station
Bake Central World
7th Floor CentralWorld 999/9 Rama I Rd
BTS : Central World