I have always love this dish. It is not easy to fine a local restaurant that serve a pretty good one. Could be cost of it is high. Cause of white wine that I use 150ml which is near to a actual serving glass. Sharing with all of you is my version of Spaghetti alle Vongole Recipe for less than 30 minutes cooking time. Hope suits you.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Cook for 2
- 150 ml wine
- 600g clams
- 180g Spaghetti
- 30g garlic
- fresh rosemary
1. dry basil leaves (mccormick basil leaves brand pretty good cause its strong fragrant)
Outback Jack – Semillon Souvignon Blanc 2017 – fruity and dry for easy drinking yet reasonable. Perfect for seafood and fishes. Can be with any other white wine as your liking.
Prepare Fresh Clams:
- Optional can be with any other hard shell seafood.
- wash clams in salt water for 45 minute
- after that rinse with water a few times to clean it off
my cooking method:
- add in oil (agak agak – not too much)
- quick fry on garlic till aroma is out
- add in clams
- mix well with garlic for 3 minutes
- Seafood soup stock (best to have or find substitute) – add in 20 gram of chicken stock
- add in 20-30ml water
- add in Rosemary (1 stick is good enough but if you like it strong like me then 1nhalf stick of rosemary) – caution rosemary is strong herbs.
- Stir well for another 3-5 minutes – (depending on your pan)
- After 5-7 minutes prep your spaghetti while shimmering your clams in medium fire.
Last step: add in 150ml white wine before adding in spaghetti.
- Add in half table spoon of butter
- dash of olive oil
- 2 pinch of salt
- San Remo Spaghetti – cook for 13 minutes
after add in spaghetti, mix well for 3 – 4 minutes in high temperature till all the herbs coated onto the spaghetti. Then it is good to plate up.
this is my quite prep of Spaghetti Vongole. A simple dish to prepare.
Happy cooking for this home cook recipe.
My other cooking Recipe: