Year 2013 ended well for me with alot of things and new direction heading for my blog in year 2014 and also, being as one of the contestant in Online Game show – The Influencer is rather a new thing for me and great to meet all the rest of the heavy weight bloggers and . Then got a chance to test out Nokia new gadget Lumia 1520 as one of the latest series for Lumia.
Back in those days 10-15 years ago, who does not know Nokia as with one their famous series that still stuck in our head and yet one of the most widely used phone in those times is Nokia 3310. I am sure every one of you do own one or if not at least heard about it.
Unboxing the device, it comes with a phone, charger head + cable and headset.
Over the years, Nokia had too evolve and this is one of their latest discovery which is their first of its kind, a ‘phablet’ device and I find it pretty cool as I am a first time user for Window phone. Of course I find it pretty hard to use for a first time user and also something which I am not used too and after a while, everything seems pretty direct.
For pressent Lumia range under Nokia, its the biggest and fastest device to date. Filled with 6-inch Full HD IPS LCD display and one of Qualcomm’s fastest processors – the quad-core Snapdragon 800rated at 2.2Ghz. Besides that, I love the polycarbonate body rock solid body and not only that, it does not stop there as the front its protected with famed Gorilla Glass 2.
For device storage and heavy capacity user, you will be glad to know that its complemented with 2GB RAM along with internal storage is 32GB and a microSD slot for further expansion. Also get 7GB of cloud storage on SkyDrive.
The main view of your phone is easy as everything can be customise in 3 size, small, medium and big tiles. As the page act in 2 direction, up and down – left or right and that’s all only. The app that are installed are being categorize in alphabetical order for easy search.
Love the phone so far as among other phones that I have held before in that size, this surely is pretty light weigh at only 209g with the phone dimension 162.8 x 85.4 x 8.7mm – slim.
This food picture really looks like taken from DSLR but its from Lumia 1520.
In the phone, one of the best feature I like the most is of course the camera which is 20MP. Check out some of the shots I took with it at different condition and the details of zoom in is impressive.
Then took picture by trying out the camera on my friends as the picture above without flash and below is with flash.
in very low light and with flash . . .
After looking at the picture taken, they keep praising on the quality of the pictures. 🙂
As I was flying back, I took a picture too and turns out to be great.
I must say the camera functions is really impressive that now is acting like my second main camera. Besides that, in there are app that pairs well with it which is Nokia Pro Cam and Nokia Camera apps into one. Girls would love their build in app that have the function of beauty – Nokia Glam Me.
Video is the next thing that I am impress too as you would want to check out as this series are using the Nokia Lumia 1520 to film . . The Influencer – Part 6
Other Key Features are:
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE support
- Quad-band 3G with 42 Mbps HSDPA and 5.7 Mbps HSUPA support
- Penta-band LTE Cat4 support, 150Mbps downlink, 50Mbps uplink
- 6.0″ 16M-color ClearBlack IPS CLD capacitive touchscreen of 1920 x 1080 pixels; Corning Gorilla Glass 2; Nokia Glance
- 20MP PureView sensor (15MP effective), 1/2.5″ sensor size, ZEISS lens, Optical Image Stabilization, dual-LED flash
- 1080p@30fps video recording; 2x lossless digital zoom
- 1.3MP front-facing camera
- Windows Phone 8 GDR3 OS with Nokia Black
- 2.2GHz quad-core Krait 400 CPU, Adreno 330 GPU, Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset, 2GB of RAM
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- GPS receiver with A-GPS and GLONASS support
- Free lifetime worldwide voice-guided navigation
- 32GB of inbuilt storage
- microSD card slot, up to 64GB
- Active noise cancellation with a dedicated mic
- Wireless charging with optional accessories
- Built-in accelerometer, gyroscope and proximity sensor
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- microUSB port
- Bluetooth v4.0 with A2DP and file transfers
- SNS integration
- Xbox Live integration and Xbox management
- NFC support
- Digital compass
- Nokia Music
- FM radio
Last before I sign off, another thing that I am truely impress is the batter life of it with 3,400mAh lithium-ion, good for 25.1 hours talktime on 3G, 750 hours of standy or 10.5 hours of video playback. So far I am charging my phone average every 18 hours once. Heavy Usage would last about 10-13 hours.
If you do get Nokia Lumia 1520, do get their trademark colour like Yellow or Red. Black does not really show the signature of it as it looks like an ordinary phone.