I have been to this outlet twice and this would be my third time back here. Never knew they had buffet now as Red Inn Hotpot Eat All you can at RM 78+ / RM 98+ with Karaoke Room at Tropicana Avenue. Have check on their Facebook site, and the menu looks pretty promising, hence decided to give it a try as the hotpot here is not too bad and not too expensive (of course not to over order)
For the first time, I am seeing sauce area so messy.
Food list that we order . . never came complete.
Our Soup base:
- Malat Spicy Soup- Add RM 20 (we add on) taste normal and felt localise or nearer would be like Taiwan version. Definitely not China as lack of herb and spiciness is not there.
- Sake soup is pretty good as you need to cooked it longer.
- Pork Bone soup so so for this round as it used to be better
- Superior Clam indeed is good, pack with flavour.
- still think their tomato soup is pretty good, (on my last visit)
Free Shaved ice, but have to be timing based, as was told by the waiter either you have it now if not next session of shaved ice is 10.30pm. We were like, what is this la! then see a lady been occupying the station for other table also.
To be honest, the meat quality here is pretty spot on, especially on the Iberico pork slic & Lamb. However my comment as below:
For buffet food service, they sucked!
1. My Iberico pork slices have to order 5 times and only serve 3 boxes which I order total of 5. Takes ages to arrive and constant reminding. It felt that they pace it out slowly and to kick you out after 120 minutes up!
2. Prawns finished when we wanted to re-order (please put a sign limited stock per session) as our first order never came, it was only 8.15pm
3. 2nd order of scallop with reminder of staff 3 times – never came
4. other meat slices also never came after second round or serve 1 portion out of 4 types of different meat.
5. Sauce area: Garlic took 30 minutes to replenish , parsley never arrive after that.
Overall, for such pricing with the ingredient they are serving its pretty good in value. However with some of their staff attitude like why not u reorder – (even after placing order 2-3 times) food never came. Except there is one young chap, he is pretty good!
Kinda disappointing for such business to be operating as I felt rip off. Not honest in running a buffet business.
-= Ka Ching =-
Food rating suppose to be 7/10 however with their service and attitude 4/10
–Warning– This is based on my individual taste. Try it at your own risk-
Red Inn Hot Pot 红城客锅
Lot P1-12 & P1-13, Tropicana Avenue,
12, Jalan Persiaran Tropicana, Tropicana Golf and Country Resort,
PJU 3, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Tel: 03-7886 0386
operating Hours: 4pm – 10pm