After I posted up in my insta about what I cook for dinner, many of you asked to share this recipe. everyone is like becoming a master chef since this MCO (movement Order Control). This is my mom’s recipe for tau yew bak or Braised Pork Soy Sauce Recipe, which is a 30 minutes cooking recipe.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Platting: up to you loh, how nice you want to plate it.
Step by step of cooking method and video is right at the bottom. Follow me at Instagram – @taufulou
some simple ingredient you need.
Cook for 2
- Pork Belly – 200g (depending what part of pork you like – can be any)
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Eggs – optional or add on. (if you like eggs can go as many as you like)
- 200 ml water
- Seasoning :
- Cheong Chan Dark Caramel Sauce
- Best to have Gee Hiang Sesame Oil (or any other sesame oil pun boleh la)
- 1 and half table spoon of dark caramel sauce
- 1 table spoon of sesame oil
Then stir and mix well, making sure the pork is all coated.
Then keep in fridge for 1 hour before cooking.
this is the result after 1 hour seasoning.
I took 2 more cloves of garlic, mash on it then add into cooking.
my cooking method:
- add in oil (agak agak – not too much)
- quick fry on your mash garlic
- add in pork marinated pork belly
- quick stir fry of 3-5 minutes till the meat become slightly solid
- add in 200ml water
- Then shimmer for 20 minutes on medium fire (depending on your gas stove burner)
- if induction cooker 1 notch before the last high fire.
In between of shimmering, do test the flavour. If it is lacking of flavour, add on:
- soy sauce or salt
- brown sugar (most important) – agak-agak a pinch or 2 of it
My mom’s recipe of Tau Yew Bak. The cooking result of the gravy base should be slightly thicken and caramelize abit.
final taste, abit of sweet fragrant, hint of sesame and dark caramel sauce is still prominent.
Have fun in trying out this home cook recipe and step by step video below:
oOo this one looks good!